- I was born right across the street from Gracie Mansion
in New York City. My mother told me that as she was being wheeled into the operating room, the music system was playing the
theme from "The Bridge on the River Kwai." Talk about an entrance!
- I was a radio DJ for many years. This partially explains
all the peculiar music trivia that is cluttering up my brain.
- Was once dragged from backstage to the stage
during a Presidents of The United States of America concert. I ended up on stage with a mint green guitar in my
hands. Thank god it wasn't plugged in; I don't know how to play.
- At another concert, was somehow talked into throwing
fruit at the audience by an un-named musician. I have a lousy aim, and will never be able to play for a baseball team.
- While interviewing Chad Smith (RHCP) I ended up at
a strip club in Hallandale Beach, FL. The club was raided, and I hid behind Chad. He's very tall, and I am not.
- Once chased Rob Zombie up a flight of stairs at a party.
Hey! It was for a quote, okay. BTW, he has nice skin and excellent sense of humor.
- Accidentally wouldn't let go of LLCoolJ's hand when
introduced to him backstage at the First Annual Online Hip-Hop Awards in NYC. I kept blabbing about "Rollerball."
- Listened to Perry Ferrell talk about fractals and surfing, while ensconced in
a very comfy tour bus.
- At a recent Crystal Method show I was the only person dancing (sigh) in the VIP lounge. Somehow found
myself backstage and accidentally ate all the cherry tomatoes. They pleaded with me to take them away, I had to listen to
them. Really. I didn't have a choice in the matter.